Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Soda Blasting on the cheap
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Jackofalltrades/masterofnone

Wiki Edits: 0

Please tell me something just to make me feel better before I spend $130 + shipping. Other than the smart alec response, what principle does the adapter accomplish. Does it cause better suction to in turn make better flow? Does it purge air into the chamber to keep the material from caking? Does it dry out the air, somehow? By no means am I trying to discount the research that your company did, but for a simple hobbyist $20 dollars worth of parts and several hours on a drill press modifying them is much more rewarding than just spending that much money on a kit. Your post didn't accomplish anything other than tell us that we needed to buy the kit, but you didn't give any hard evidence as to why other than the caking issue. You also didn't tell us how your kit goes about solving this issue. Again, I make my $$ because I have skills (or at least headaches) that others don't, but if the job is something like cleaning an undercarriage (no brainer) and the customer wants to take it on, more power to him.

BTW, as far as sources go for the media google "soda blasting media tuscaloosa, al" for wherever you live.

Thanks,
Tyler

Last edited by tyler71385; 01-03-2008 at 06:36 AM.