"soft" front end
My car doesn't ride like I want it to, but I can't put my finger on it. "floaty" maybe? Everything is new, and tight, but it doesn't "track" like I want at high speed. It is like it comes off the center line very easily. Undulations in the road, cross winds, etc. Honestly feels like the front end is light, like when you overload your trunk.
Without changing the stance to add more weight up front, any other ideas?
Here is what I am considering; (any help in identifying, or eliminating, a culprit would be appreciated.)
1. spring rate/shocks - The ride is smooth and it responds to a "bounce" test like it should. Still considering stiffer springs or heavy duty shocks.
2. Bump Steer - I don't think this is it. I believe my toe changes less than 1/4 inch through the entire suspension travel, and it changes to toe in, not out.
But I will double check this as it sounds like a possible culprit.
3. Caster too low. I'm at 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 positive. I'm out of adjustment and changing this is major PITA, so last resort.
4. Drop Spindles - anyone get squirelly results from a drop spindle change?
5. Rack too sensitive - I have modified the flow rate and pressure to match the original Cavalier set up. Could the weight and non strut character of my front end dictate a flow and pressure less than the original cavaleir setup?
Understand, the sensation is subtle. Drives good, but I wouldn't take my hand off the wheel and let it drive itself, which is what i want.