Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Soft and unsafe brakes.
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Soft and unsafe brakes.

Alright, so one day my brakes were all of a sudden not working. I inspected everything at it looked fine. Tested the master cylinder and booster..Then my dad was apparently worried for "safety reasons", which i understand so he took it to a shop and they told us the master cylinder and the proportioning valve was bypassing. So I ordered the parts and my neighbor who helped me install them said its almost impossible for a proportioning valve to break, so we replaced the master only and bleed the system WITHOUT USING TUBING. Then when I first rode the car, the brakes felt better than when they were broken, but about 1/2 strong as they used to be.. To save cash i got a $25 master cylinder of Rock Auto, and im thinking that the cheap master cylinder doesn't work very good?? Or could it just be the PP valve that needs to be replaced? I checked the booster as well and its fine n dandy . Thanks!

Also, when I slam the brakes (when I was checking them) the wheels will not lock up anymore! It just decelerates when i slam it..