Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - soldering large guage wires
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

in some cases everyones way is best ! butt you got to pick the right application for the right connection. some times a crimp with alum wire dope (alumilux) sp in the crimp with the correct crimper and good heat shrink like A 3M brand, theres other good brands too is a Very Good corrosion free & weather tight connection, good heat shrink is available in many sizes at electrical wholesale supply houses. It is a very tough,flexible material, that has a heat activated adhesive-glue inside, and is UL approved to 600
volts, and can be direct buried in-ground. and the heat shrink from a electrical wholesale house is better quality than what you get from auto stores. this is an example how strong it is, i broke a handle on my post hole diggers, so i wood glued and clamped the broken area, then when dry i took a 12" piece of heat shrink and heat shrunk it tight to the handle, and almost 10yrs later and prob only 12 holes latter, it works like new, i also have a rake handle fixed the same way man kids are hard on old wood yard tools.

Mustangsaly