Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Solid flattappet vs. Solid roller
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kemp
Yeah I forgot to mention valve train interference problems that you may run into such as: valve to piston, rocker arm to stud and spring binding. Leave that big ****** alone and let her eat! Measured on a dyno that was probably at the rear wheels, 537hp is real good. That means it could be making as much a six hundred at the flywheel. Not bad not bad at all! Post some pics if you can!

Well, removing the radiator, waterpump and timing cover isent mutch of a problem.Regarding spring binding I think Edelbrock say max .700" lift on the heads, but of cours Im planing on use the corekt springs for the cam annyhow...Rocker arm to stud interferenc shuldent be a problem sense the engine has roller rockers, but of cours Im cheking that if I change cam.

Yanking of a head to check piston ot valve clerens isent mutch problem eader if I have to, we have looong vinters in Sweden!
But now that I think about it, cant I just to turn down the rockers so that the valves is held open on the cam base by as mutch as the minimum of valve-piston clerens, and then carfully turn the engine?If the engine turns over 2 revs, the clerens have to be good??

Im pretty shore the 537hp is in the engine.Closer to 600 is more what Im looking for

What I whas wondering is more or less what performance gane I culd suspekt if I change a solid flat tappet to a solid roller whit about the same low rpm street manners.
If its 10-20hp, then I dont think I think its worth the monney and effort, but if its 50hp I think it is