Hot Rod Forum banner

solid lifter shaft rocker arm adjustment

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cobalt327 
#1 ·
During valve adjust procedure would it be possible to get solid lifter shaft rocker adjuster too tight by pushing to hard with T handle Allen wrench to take slack out of push rod and shaft rocker ? Will the lunati solid lifter collapse to any extent like a hydraulic from pushing down the rocker too much ?

#2 ·
suprstock said:
During valve adjust procedure would it be possible to get solid lifter shaft rocker adjuster too tight by pushing to hard with T handle Allen wrench to take slack out of push rod and shaft rocker ? Will the lunati solid lifter collapse to any extent like a hydraulic from pushing down the rocker too much ?
A solid lifter has no "give"- it is truly solid.

#8 ·
suprstock said:
Slight drag on feeler gage is negotiable ,I want as much lift as I can get with out being tight . This is a race car. thanks for the advice . :welcome: ya'll have been very helpfull , keep up the good text.
Unless you've already done a lash loop to determine that there's an advantage in opening or closing the lash from the recommendation of the grinder, you are just shooting in the dark.

It's my opinion that a lash loop is a tool to use to help select the right cam rather than a "fix" for the wrong cam. If, after you've done a loop you see that the cam is too large or small, the better choice for a race engine is to select a grind that's better suited to the engine rather than tight/loose lashing the cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.