Solid roller question Also how do I load cam files on Dyno 2000? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame

Wiki Edits: 0

Solid roller question Also how do I load cam files on Dyno 2000?

I can't get the file that includes this cam spec to upload into the Dyno 2000 software.. If I just enter the specs directly, does it produce the same results as the file? All the files I've tried to load end up in the wrong place... not integrated into the desktop software.....???
Also I'd like to know if anyone can relay real world results from using this cam??? I need a solid roller for myself and it's about the max lift I like to run on the street, although I've been a dual pattern guy on the mouse; might get this one cheap, it will work. Thanks for any help..

LUNADI-50157

UPC 090127459287

Mechanical roller tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range 3,000-6,600

In/EX Dur @ 050"........... 248/248

Advertised Duration.........290 int./290 ex

Lift @ 1.5......................0.555 int./0.555 ex

LSA..............................110

In/Ex lash......................0.018"/0.020".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame

Wiki Edits: 0

Dyno Sim cam spec question.. possibly answered..?

OK. The confusion prompting my original question was about the discrepancy between manual input, and file transfer of cam specs. I originally entering cam specs including all events onto the Dyno 2000 software as I could find them listed, and the results were untrustworthy.
My two options in this version of Dyno 2000 are "Seat to Seat", and "@ .050 " for entering timing events.

So I finally realized that when I was able to find and manually enter the specs at .050" lift, then the numbers in white (IN lobe center, LSA, et) will always correspond to the cam card.

But If the only specs available, are listed as seat to seat, then there is a built in variation between actual seat, and either .006" or .015" lift.

So apparently some of the early file transfers I found which were seat to seat, had that correction built in, some didn't.

After quite a bit of trial and error, I realized that most of the cams listed other than @50; at least so far, seem to be at least slightly inferior in performance to very similar cams which are listed @50 and probably earlier grinds dating to before @50 lift started to become the new standard..

?????????????????????? Does this sound right or am I off track???????
By the way that lunati 50157 roller I referenced seems outperform anything close to it on the same 383/406 if it is at least 10.5cr. I substituted every cam I had on file on the same virtual build, and it's proven itself out over 30 times for me......on software... Hoping someone has actual results, Dyno or 1/4mile, on the Lunati50157 roller... 10.5 or better 383 up.

I'm bored
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.