Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Solid vs Hyd. Lifters...AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Personally I would go all solid roller.There are too many people having flat tappets,solid or hydraulic,losing cam lobes.But,by observing proper break in procedures and useing proper break in lubes & additives,there are lots of succesful break in's too.I use a solid roller cam,.668 lift,243/249 dur @ 0.050 on a 112 LSA.I usually put around 3000 miles a summer on my car and check lash once.Its always very close to where it should be,it doesent take that long.But I also use all top quality valve train gear,Isky EZ Roll "No Needle Bearing" lifters,PAC valve springs,1 peice 3/8 0.080 thick Comp pushrods,Crane Gold rocker arms.You cant cheap out here.Matching valve springs to your cam is one of the most important things to ensure longevity.Also,you may want to start with a bigger engine,454-496 or bigger.It will take a lot to get a 396 to put your Malibu into the 11's.Is this going to be a street car that will go to the track once in a while,or an all out strip car ?
Guy