Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Solid vs Hyd. Lifters...AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If you use the right locking fasteners then there is a good chance you won't have to adjust that solid cam more than twice a year.

Once everything is broken in and if everything is adjusted correctly they hardly ever move. As long as you don't mind the thing clattering all day (which I don't).

As far as wading in oil, I am not sure what this is in reference to, but the process is as simple as warming up the engine, shutting it off and then going through the rocker arms with a feeler gauge which takes about 20 minutes.

If any are loose you adjust them. The 20 minutes every 6 months is well worth the extra performance you get without going to a roller cam that can cost 5 times as much.

Don't get me wrong...roller is the way to go...but if it aint in the budget then solid is better than hydraulic in my book. And I have used all of them, I only put hydraulics in the motors of people who don't know what they are doing or don't care to pop a valve cover every now and then.