Hot Rod Forum banner

solution to lack of fender problem?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  OneMoreTime 
#1 · (Edited)
Most of you guys saw my post about Ca law and lack of fenders. I did my research and yes I can be pulled over and cited and it is a fix it ticket. Since I intend to drive my roadster quite a bit I decided to look into adding fenders. I saw the yellow coupe in American Graffiti and liked the fenders, I didn't think it distracted too much from the overall lines of a 32.

I subsequently have found and seen a few photos of different Deuces with those bobbed fenders, all looked pretty good to me.

I saved one and put it on a webpage for you guys to see it. Here is the link:

http://www.southerncaliforniacampers.com/deuce.htm

The question remains: where can I buy these bobbed fenders? I emailed a couple of owners listed under the photos but the only one who actually replied said his fenders where home made... :drunk:

#5 ·
I talked to my local rod shop about fenders awhile back, he suggested motorcycle fenders on the front, on the rear he said he could no longer find bobbed fenders and buys whole rear fenders and cuts them down. He said they really aren't that expensive whole and you can get the length you want by cutting them.

#8 ·
302/Z28 said:
We have one of our club members who has a clone of the 32 in the movie. I will ask him what he used for fenders.

Vince
Vince you rock :) and all of you guys who are helping ... I found that T-performance sells fenders for T-Buckets, both front and rear, I wonder whether the front ones would work, maybe I will give them a call and ask...

OK, better go to bed now it is real late, I went to a very cool swing dance event tonight and danced my old 1930's shoes off, some of the best Lindy Hop dancers in the country were there... Can't wait to get my car, it is going to make going to the Derby that much more fun!

#9 ·
Good to see you are getting sorted out here..I have seen all kinds of things used for fenders..even can make your own if you like..

www.metalmeet.com and reas and study on metal work in our data base..also one can do a search of google images and come up with all kinds of pics that can help with ideas..

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.