Some blast from the past photos of mine. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
Some blast from the past photos of mine.

I was digging thru some old photos for my sisters birthday today and ran across some old photos some of you may get a kick out of. The other day someone asked about photos from my younger days when I worked in a full time restoration shop. This is the kinda crap photos I have from the days before a digital camera was in every pocket.
It's a 57 Porsche Speedster I painted, we are talking 1979.

How about my brother at his shop around the same time, 1979. The 34 had a Cad motor in it and was built in the early sixties. The 39 behind it was his car, nailhead powered of course.

How about a restored Schwinn I built for my ex-wife but then showed it under my daughters name who was 5 at the time after the wife left me. This was cool, it was at the Grand Nationals and I drove in on setup day and looked up a custom painter friend of mine who had a crap load of cars in the show. He and I tracked down Blackie Gejeian who was the promotor of the show at the time (1986) and my buddy asked Blackie if he could find a place for my bike. Blackie cried and moaned about not allowing bikes anymore because they only do it for the free spectator tickets and then gave in and told me who to go tell to find a space. I went and told the guy and I got the same crying and moaning from him. He pointed to this little spot in front of this truck and I brought in my display. On the last day of the show I went to get the bike and someone asked me where was I last night at the award ceremony. Huh? Why? Because they called your name and you didn't go get your trophy. !!!! WTH, there wasn't even a class for goodness sakes I certainly didn't deserve a trophy. I went to the trophy room and sure enough there among all the trophies was one for me about half the size as the others. What a class act Blackie is! Blackie Roast The Roast of a Legend
After I went and put the trophy in the truck along with the display I went back to get the bike. I was walking out of the place behind the crowds looking at the show cars coming out. I was pushing a friggin girls bike that couldn't have been more feminine if it had boobies, I did NOT want to be seen really, not with all the hot rods and custom choppers and stuff, I was feeling pretty stupid pushing this bike out. All of a sudden someone yells out "Hey, there's Pee Wee Herman (the movie was out just a little while before this and very popular). I figured, what the heck, and hopped on the bike and rode a wheelie out of the place, to a big cheer from the crowd! LOL, My fifteen seconds of fame.

The last photo is of my dad's 39 Chevy (with my mom next to it). So check this out, my dad removed the running boards and put those polished rock guards on the fenders and a cover over the frame when the car was brand new. The kicker is my grandmother made those guards! LOL, wild.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 01:34 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

all those years and the only car show pic you got is of a pink bike? Man, let me jump in my Delorian and give the younger you a darn digital camera!

Nice Porsche and great story.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

blast from the past. cool pics martinsr !
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

It's always fun when you post up some pic from the past, Brian, thanks.

Em
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
all those years and the only car show pic you got is of a pink bike? Man, let me jump in my Delorian and give the younger you a darn digital camera!

Nice Porsche and great story.
Well I have posted photos of my brothers Roadster and a Model A I did at the Grand Nationals.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.