Some of my work - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 01:09 PM
Have Gun, Will Paint

Wiki Edits: 0

Some of my work

Because I'm always working on the cars of my clients, I haven't had any time to work on a project of my own, but I will soon. I do have a 93' Mazda 626 which I do plan to work on this coming spring. Hear are some of the cars I have worked on this year. I will post more pictures of more cars I have worked on later.

My friend and fellow club member Picos had me paint his 83 Regal. He picked out a Fireball red Metalic as a base, and left the rest up to me. So I went with black patterns covered in 3oz's of flake, Clear/Metalic red mix, candy apple red, and toped with 1.5 Gal's of Clear. Receantly Picos ran into a ditch and though the car wasn't baddly damaged, it will need a new fender. He is rebuilding his engine now, but will need that new fender soon. I horafy at the thought of trying to match that paint. Wish me luck.
The picturs are not that good because my scanner sucks. Trust me they look way better up close, and the flake will blind you.

This is my friend and fellow club member Qora's Nissan. He let me do what ever for the paint as long as it was orenge. I picked out a 3 stage Lambergini orenge, but If I would have known how much the stuff was going to cost I would have gone with House of Kolor candi orenge. This Lambergini paint cost lots of $$. I started with a silver base, orenge midcoat, midcoat clear, black aztech style paterns, 2oz's of orenge-gold flake, and 1.5 gal's of clear.

Hear is a picture of my brother Gonzo's 63 Impalla SS. He saw it rusting away in some old man's back yard. He paid $1500 for it. It was rusted, no engin or tranny, and the interior had been gutted. As soon as he brought it home he got to work by removing the frame. That's when I took this picture. He wants to do a compleat frame up restoration. So far he has spent over $2000 in parts and the frame is now finished and better then new. I will post pics of it later.

Well I hope you like some of my work. I will post more later.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2003, 02:24 PM

Last photo:

Thats some nice woprk.. i like the truck tuck best..

the way id have a regal is to have it decked out with a 383 stroker

i have a 1965 chevy pick-up .. and i was wondering what color to paint it.. so far i was thinking black.. but i want something you dont see everyday.. i like dark colors.. so i was thinking black cherry..

do u have any ideas?

Nos
Old 12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

Your paint looks pretty good! I'm not too into the lowriders, but my bro is. I do like hydro's though. I've never seen a frame off an impala before. I never realized they looked like x's. Keep up the good work, and what are you plannin on building for yourself?
Old 12-10-2003, 11:23 PM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

how did you get body off of frame? i need to do same to my '57 wagon
Old 12-26-2003, 06:41 AM
Have Gun, Will Paint

I'm glad you liked the pics

as for the frame off. Well all I can say is that is was a *****!
I highly sugest not doing it yourself. If you have extra cash (you better if you are taking on this kind of project) just take your ride to the local body shop and have them do it for you.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:34 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Thumbs up

nice work, if the flake looks half as good as it does in that one pic, i bet it is blinding.... 1.5 gallons of clear? i bet it looks an inch thick!. keep it up, more pics!!!!!

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.