Some people have all the luck! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Some people have all the luck!

http://www.depereautocenter.com/
To a car guy that is better than hitting the lottery.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

yes they do its been all over the boards in the last few days but if you go here it will give you the whole story

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=89229

post 15 & 16

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 12-04-2005, 01:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dang, depere is a suburb of green bay. I actually applied at depere auto center about a year and a half ago, but never heard anything from them. They had a 67 mustang there at the time, but thats all I remember seeing. I'll have to read the other link and more on it in the morning since it late now. I only saw the pics on the front page.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
yes they do its been all over the boards in the last few days but if you go here it will give you the whole story

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=89229

post 15 & 16

SR66

When I first came across this, the story I seen was the one from the Yenko Boards. The family probably didn't want the hassle, but it would have been in their best interest to auction the lot separately. In a very well advertised auction.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

I guess a cool million is pretty tempting unless you a car freak like us you'd think it was all a bunch of junk man I'd od traded daddy's in a heart beat to be the heir of that!!

trade my nuts too if my wife would let me have um back
LOL

I hear the new guy is looking to sell it all in lump again for 7 figures Ill bet that orange yenko is worth what he paid its always the ones with money that get the great opportunities

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 12-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Hows it goin kenseth17, that is a lot of stuff, so close to home
Rob
Old 12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
I am the Antirice

Last photo:

Wow, thats nuts, it would be awesome to get your hands on that. It reminds me of something similar to back home, there was an old man in Dearing, Kansas (town of maybe 400 people). He had a huge barn about the size of a football field full of nothing but old mopars, everything from the classics up to the muscle cars. And just as much more of them outside, but not in as good of condition. Me and my buddy went there a lot and got to be friends with him, never made any deals with him, but he was always interested in my buddys Furys, but trades were never made, neither side liked the deals offered enough to bite. Last I heard was that the old man finally passed away, and that there was to be an auction, dont know if that ever happened or not.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:21 PM

Last photo:

Maybe we'll see more like this? Figure in the late 60's and early 70's was the heart of the muscle car area. Usually when you get in your thirtys is when you get some cash flow to acquire stuff. Now people that were in there thirty's and fourtys at that time were probably pretty interested in high horsepower cars, and now these people would be getting up in age. I don't know, maybe its just wishfull thinking that more stuff will show up. What really gets me is what did the guy that spent his whole life collecting this stuff get out of it. The family got a good chunk of change, but not near what it was worth. The one story said he only drove his corvette a few times and then packed it away in a sealed trailer after it was keyes. It doesn't sound like he really got to enjoy this stuff. Now hes gone and he can't take it with him, and the family went and sold it right away, he didn't get a bunch of cash for the stuff, and if he was packing it away to not be looked at again, how could he enjoy the stuff. Just seems like such a waste, but maybe the hunt and knowing he had it made him happy. Plus it said he lived in a small house and you could barely get past the front door because there were parts throughout the house, and he was single his whole life, and him and his brother didn't get along. I don't know, even with all the valueable cars and parts, I don't know what kind of life that would be. Don't get me wrong, I get excited by musclecars and awesome the parts this guy had accumulated, but there is more to life then just cars. I know I'll never inherit any musclecars, my dad had a few cool ones in his younger days, but sold them all, including the 1969 mach 1 he bought new and sold about a year after I was born (1970) He said there wasn't much room for a car seat in the back.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.