Hot Rod Forum banner

Some promised pics of my project

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
A whole lot of body work and my boy helping put the engine together. The bottom of the cab is bedlinered, as will be the inside of the fenders.( I live 2 1/2 miles down a gravel road ) .Frame is boxed with a Mustang II front end and it has a Ranger rearend with a stock 348/700R4. It is going to have GM tbi on it for nice reliability. The floor, cab corners , front cowels were all replaced, other than all that I am hoping to use all the original sheet metal. Working on the acc brackets right now, hope you like the pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/beaglechip/RecentlyUpdated?authkey=Gv1sRgCIaF_NmHvLXnPw#

https://picasaweb.google.com/beaglechip/53Chevy202?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6onvOegO7nJA#

https://picasaweb.google.com/beaglechip/53Chevy3?authkey=Gv1sRgCKzNzr7hv5mfrAE#

#10 ·
Mine definitely won't be green. I'm going flat black for a few years and after that..........? She who must be obeyed :D really likes the new Ford blue, so we'll see.
That is funny, its almost getting wierd though, The 53 I am doing is officially going to be my wife's. She also loves the Ford Blue ( but I guess who doesn't ) but she decieded on the Green. This is the 4th color she has chosen over the years, Yellow,Pearl White,Burnt Orange and now Green. One of these days its going to be too late for her to change her mind again cause I'm just about ready to paint the firewall and jam it.

#13 ·
My very first vehicle was a 52 chevy pickup, always just loved them.Years after my original went to the junk yard, my neighbor decided to sell his 53 and he knew I wanted it so we made the deal.As for the engine, I also wanted something different, I was looking at inline 6's out of Trailblazers,actually had an LS1 motor and trans out of a 98 T/A planned to go in it.One day at work ( I work at a farm implement dealer ) an old havester came in for junk and it had a 348 in it, that is when I thought cool and different.Thats a short version of how it all came to be.

#18 ·
No i didnt do all those trucks they are at my sons restoration shop,they have restored 4 52-53 -54 da pu in last few months and about 5 custom 53 trucks several 64-66 trucks The RED truck is mine,i did the body work and custom sheetmetal work ,most people dont even notice,I Cannot Paint anymore (health ) after 40 years painting and body work ,I had to have it sprayed at least it was my son i will leave it to him after all the work he has done ,Looks like you have a son that might paint Yours for you someday as a favor in return.:thumbup::thumbup:

#20 ·
Looks great, if I were to choose, I would paint mine red because that was the color my first one was.Looks like you spliced in a sub frame.That is also somthing I think I wish I did vs the Mustang II. I had just an awfull time geting my steering to go around that W block and back into the rack,I hope it was worth it.I think my motor is built a little more for a daily driver than yours lol.I'll get some pics as I go, I am doing the fun time consuming stuff now, making sepentine belt brackets,exaust,engine TBI wiring

#21 ·
The clip is an s10 normaly everyone uses a camaro or nova but frame wigth on s10 is perfect and has the disc and p/s i needed ,the only problem was the exaust ,headers would not fit ,stock manifolds were not even close ,i had to buy Sanderson cast inon headers from summitt $370 but they were a direct bolt in,ride height is wherei wanted it ,you can see exaust and build on my photo albumn ,the site will not let me post any more pictures on Project Jornal i dont know how to clear it and start over ,i have about 40 of build to date in photo albumn ,,looking to phoyos of your build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.