Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Some questions about a Ford SHO
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
former member of HR.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Some questions about a Ford SHO

You know, cars are a very terrible addiction...

I was "window shopping" online as I sometimes do...you know drool over what you'd like to have. Then I came upon this Taurus SHO in distress. The owner described it as clean and running good, listed a few add-ons (flowmasters, new tires), but said the the trans was "no good".

This was a '91 SHO, and I'm thinking it probably still had the 5-speed manual trans. I believe it had somewhere in the vicinity of 145,000 miles. The price was pretty cheap, and the picture of the vehicle looked like it was pretty decent. I was thinking of travelling out to see it.

If I assume the worse, and the trans needs an overhaul, how difficult will it be if it is a manual or automatic. Funny thing is, I don't remember owning or driving too many front-wheelers. I think the only one I had was a Civic, and nothing major ever went South on that except the gas tank...then I sold it. What does one get involved with when owning a hi-po "modern" vehicle with front wheel drive?