Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - some questions about future 350 build
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bowtie man, thanks for the input. Actually i will accept any good power below 6krpm i can get of course, the 350hp was just a minimum, anything higher that can be done on a rebuilt short block is fine with me i guess

I was assuming the same concerning the heads, thanks for clarification there. I'll go and measure the valve sizes next time i get to the garage. I did already CC one port / chamber and i got 67cc for the chamber, 197 for the intake and 66 for the exhaust runner, to make sure what i got.

From what i gathered, the stock L98 dish pistons are 12cc, so if piston to valve / head clearance is fine, the felpro 1094 should make a good squish clearance. I might have the block resurfaced slightly, but min. squish i'll get is somewhere between 0.35 and 0.40.

The arp rod bolts would be a nice insurance i guess. I would have that done by a machinist. What do you think about the mains? Do i need an align hone when getting better studs/bolts? Just trying to get a cheap bottom end build for now that will hold up for a few seasons (maybe 10-20kmls).

Any other input? Go ahead, i welcome it
Thanks again
Andi