Some of the things i should not have - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
You want to hear more I can keep going LOL

Jester
LOL, how about something that has went RIGHT for you?

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
LOL, how about something that has went RIGHT for you?

Brian
You know there have been many times I helped People and the good times and feelings have out numbered the mistakes Ive committed and the thanks and returns are worth taking the chance! You , I and most of the guys on here every day probably feel the same way or we wouldn't be wasting our time wearing down our typewriter keys!!!

Jester

And at 67 years old ! after being shot, stabbed, rolled Listening to the news of all the violence Etc Etc I still look for and see good in people

Jester

Hell,Whats life without the ups and downs LOL
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Last photo:

Yep I have found that the less you think about the bad things the more they go away. The less effect they have on your life, I spend a lot more time looking up a the beautiful clouds leaving less time for the funky to be remembered.

Brian
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yep I have found that the less you think about the bad things the more they go away. The less effect they have on your life, I spend a lot more time looking up a the beautiful clouds leaving less time for the funky to be remembered.

Brian
No truer words have ever been spoken.
I need to get my 86 yr old father to stop watching news channels for many hrs a day and have him look at the clouds again.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Letting a guy you thought was a friend borrow a set of rims and a year later finding out he sold them !!!!!!!
Giving your step son a 66 Fiat spider convert (a few years ago) and him trading it for a Dodge pick up that blew up a week later!!!
Trading a 36 ford coupe 327 chevy 4 speed for a complete custom interior in your 38 Plymouth With a written receipt, And his shop getting busted for drug manufacturing and delivering, and everything seized by the Feds including your interior and you cant get your 36 coupe back
Rebuilding a 426 max wedge cross ram, for a COP!!!! Him owing a balance of 4 grand He gets divorced, the wife gets the car put in her name, You set up a lien and cant do a Damn thing, to get your money!!! ( you can trust cops right)
A guy brings you a car you do the repairs after he signs an ok! You Finnish the car and cant get hold of him, You set up a lein and find out the car is stolen from down state! LOL What a great way to hide a car LOL!!!
You build a Custom 37 Plymouth coupe, paint it candy apple red, Its done!!! the guy is you best friends nephew , your still owed 2 grand on it, he asks you if he can take it to a show right down the street of your shop LOL and he disappears !!! Its in my journal! I cant hold his Uncle responsible LOL I still have the Bill LOL Still cant find the son of a B#$%&!!!!

Put my gaser ( absolutely un street able) on the street just going to a hot dog stand down the street( a DOG and SUDS) Still had the Castler slicks on it from that day at Detroit drag way Was driving home and had a freak cloud burst 5.13 Locker on the rear no front brakes (just rears) red stop light came on cars are in front!!! Hit the brakes and was now in the sport of speed skating LOL Turned the wheel and the locker rear kept pushing the car forward! Any way! I hit A car the Gasser was impounded My points on my license were the Highest recorded in the State ( according to the judge ) That included a lot of street racing tickets

Jester
With your luck, I dont want to be anywhere near you, maybe keep a state or 2 between us

I had a 65 Chevelle SS for sale back in 73. I had stripped the parts off it I needed to use on my 64 and was selling it for $25. Yes it was still a driver. A couple came to my door and asked about the car, she did the talking. Wanted to know if they could have the car now and come pay in 2 weeks when he got his first check from his new job,(reason they needed a 2nd car). I went along with the deal, signed the title over 2 them and said see you in 2 weeks . I was just glad to get the thing gone, had no where to park it at the 4 plex we were renting. 2 weeks pass and they knock on the door, smiles on their faces and he hands me the $25 bucks and says thank you, you don't know how much this meant to us.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Jester ,If i could get a trophy for you ,cause you win ,I just dont know what to put on it ..
Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Last photo:

I sold a mini mini van to a young couple with 3 kids, they were all crammed in a VW bug when they came to see the Dodge Colt Vista Van I had for sale. I was asking $1350 for it,( paid $400 for it, fixed the bad diaphragm on the carb and cleaned the interior up real nice.)
They looked it over, set the kids car seats in it to make sure they fit, did a test drive. Said they really would like to buy it and could give me $975 down and make $100 a month payments for the balance. I said ok. Signed the title over to them, they handed me their money. I handed her back a hundred dollars and told her, you don't have any payments, its all yours. They both cried. Young family trying to make it, no way I could take all their cash on hand or payments. I still made decent money, and their kids still got to have new shoes.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
Letting a guy you thought was a friend borrow a set of rims and a year later finding out he sold them !!!!!!!
Giving your step son a 66 Fiat spider convert (a few years ago) and him trading it for a Dodge pick up that blew up a week later!!!
Trading a 36 ford coupe 327 chevy 4 speed for a complete custom interior in your 38 Plymouth With a written receipt, And his shop getting busted for drug manufacturing and delivering, and everything seized by the Feds including your interior and you cant get your 36 coupe back
Rebuilding a 426 max wedge cross ram, for a COP!!!! Him owing a balance of 4 grand He gets divorced, the wife gets the car put in her name, You set up a lien and cant do a Damn thing, to get your money!!! ( you can trust cops right)
A guy brings you a car you do the repairs after he signs an ok! You Finnish the car and cant get hold of him, You set up a lein and find out the car is stolen from down state! LOL What a great way to hide a car LOL!!!
You build a Custom 37 Plymouth coupe, paint it candy apple red, Its done!!! the guy is you best friends nephew , your still owed 2 grand on it, he asks you if he can take it to a show right down the street of your shop LOL and he disappears !!! Its in my journal! I cant hold his Uncle responsible LOL I still have the Bill LOL Still cant find the son of a B#$%&!!!!

Put my gaser ( absolutely un street able) on the street just going to a hot dog stand down the street( a DOG and SUDS) Still had the Castler slicks on it from that day at Detroit drag way Was driving home and had a freak cloud burst 5.13 Locker on the rear no front brakes (just rears) red stop light came on cars are in front!!! Hit the brakes and was now in the sport of speed skating LOL Turned the wheel and the locker rear kept pushing the car forward! Any way! I hit A car the Gasser was impounded My points on my license were the Highest recorded in the State ( according to the judge ) That included a lot of street racing tickets

Jester
Yea i would like to hear more,,I can relate to the slicks and rain.A 72 Vega sb 400 hilborn injection /it was only 1/2 mile to cruise inn at Sonic ,What could bo wrong .people watching when i left trying to beat the rain home, YEA WHAT COULD GO WRONG,
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool View Post
I sold a mini mini van to a young couple with 3 kids, they were all crammed in a VW bug when they came to see the Dodge Colt Vista Van I had for sale. I was asking $1350 for it,( paid $400 for it, fixed the bad diaphragm on the carb and cleaned the interior up real nice.)
They looked it over, set the kids car seats in it to make sure they fit, did a test drive. Said they really would like to buy it and could give me $975 down and make $100 a month payments for the balance. I said ok. Signed the title over to them, they handed me their money. I handed her back a hundred dollars and told her, you don't have any payments, its all yours. They both cried. Young family trying to make it, no way I could take all their cash on hand or payments. I still made decent money, and their kids still got to have new shoes.

That is so cool, yep, the feeling of helping someone like that lasts a lot longer than the money would.

Brian
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Appalachian American

Last photo:

Quote:
You know there have been many times I helped People and the good times and feelings have out numbered the mistakes Ive committed and the thanks and returns are worth taking the chance! You , I and most of the guys on here every day probably feel the same way or we wouldn't be wasting our time wearing down our typewriter keys!!!

Jester

And at 67 years old ! after being shot, stabbed, rolled Listening to the news of all the violence Etc Etc I still look for and see good in people

Jeste
Hell,Whats life without the ups and downs LOL
If it were easy it would not be called trials
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool View Post
And the feeling you got inside you'll always remember!!!!!!

Jester

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.