Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You know Bob, you may be on to something there and a part of this might be my fault, in the past I had praised his work and the work he had done was deserving of that praise. When it came to the rear panel he didn't get the praise that maybe he was expecting. Even when I think back, I remember the meeting 2 years ago when we talked filler versus lead and I mentioned that when the cars that these people are restoring where built, filler hadn't been invented yet...everything concerning body damage was either replace, pick and file or lead. That would explain why he wanted information on plastic filler sticking to lead and when I didn't answer the question right away (because in my mind that shouldn't even be talked about...the problem was the repair panel) he seemed offended or maybe I mistook his being offended for being embarrassed.

I would hate to see all that good money go to waste, let alone the time and effort. I think I may give him a call in the morning and see if I can get this resolved...for me as much as for him. I'll wear my hush puppies so I can tread lightly.

I also understand the old adage, anybody from out of town is an expert. This may be one of those times that I need to sneak up behind him and give him a whack with a Nerf Bat...LOL.

Ray