Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks Barry, I appreciate the advice and your right, I never thought of it but there is a reason why he called me. As a matter of fact he did call me shortly after the meeting I was telling you about and I told him at that time that advice was free, if he wanted me to build the vehicle for him that then it would cost. So I'm sure he now knows that like you say "I don't have a dog in this fight".

I don't frequent other forums but if I heard this type of advice given here, I would challenge it. I used to work with a fellow that always believed the last person he talked to, so if you wanted something done right, you needed to be sure he didn't have a chance to talk to somebody that was giving advice just for the sake of giving it and get things done while the plan was still fresh in his mind. Again, he was a great guy but had a real challenge reading people.

I know he is going out to buy lead today but he told me that he won't have time to do anything before mid next week. I was going to call him this morning but decided not to. I've spoken my piece to him and hope common sense kicks in before he pours about 75 pound of lead into the back of the vehicle. Just the fact that I know he isn't going to do anything (and he made a point of that several times in our conversation) until next week makes me think that he's in the re think process already. I hope he calls me, that way I can make it his idea and he'll save face and feel better about the decision.

Yes Brian, if somebody comes up to me with a better idea, I love it, even if it is how to mask up an antenna...I found out the first or second day in the trade that masking an antenna was much faster if you don't wrap masking tape around it, it was the guy laughing the hardest that showed me it was faster and easier to run the tape length wise and fold it over...the guy unmasking it (me) was happier to...LOL.

Thanks guys, like I say, time will tell.

Ray