Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I understand what you mean Randy, it is difficult to please everybody, no matter how hard you try. I don't know which thread you're referring to but sometimes it seems a little overwhelming when you do your best and the appreciation isn't there. A fellow at the seminar a few nights ago was a little upset that we didn't totally finish the repair panel...in primer. That's what he wanted to see and felt that he didn't get what he came there for when it was never advertised that we would do everything but paint it. The owner of the car invited him to come watch when the car was being primed. He was happier but, you could tell that he wasn't satisfied...can't please them all.

Maybe, with my lack of ability to post pictures and with your ability to post pictures...maybe we should team up...LOL.

Thanks Bob, it really is amazing what tools can do for a skilled craftsman. I remember one body man that taught me how to get rid of an oil can on a roof years ago. I chased that oil can for a few days, he walked in and in 5 minutes he had the tension restored in the metal and made it look easy. For him it was easy, he knew exactly where and how to move the metal and he used the same tools that I had. What I appreciated was he took the time to explain what he did, why he did it and why it metal reacted the way it did when he manipulated it...I learned many other things from this man...and don't think I ever will get to be as good at it as he was...but this is what his passion was. My passions where in different areas and that's what I tried to focus on.

Ray