Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ray, I have a friend who is a body man with a knack for getting metal and fiberglass to do exactly what he wants. I have on occasion called him a 'metal whisperer'. It just seems like he whispers to the metal and it says 'OK' and moves. I watched him working on a hood side for a '34 coupe. To accommodate a hemi, he had to remove some louvers to make a cutout to clear the corner of the heads. Owner saw it and said he wanted louvers to go around the cutout - he did it. Owner then said he wanted more louvers, all the way up to the grille shell - he did it. Owner then said he didn't like the extra louvers, and wanted them taken back out - he did it. With all that, he kept that hood side flat and smooth, no ripples, no oil-cans. Then I watched him lay out and paint flames over all those louvers. He really is an artist. (And a patient man - I would have shot the owner!)