Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I was pulling your leg Mr.Ray about the metal work,, I know you know what your doing and talking about,,,I can tell and see it..

And I also know all about fixing others messed up work... I'm not sure how someone can do custom work for someone and NOT give 100% to them...

As long as you do the work as if it's your car,, They will be very happy in the end with your work... I wouldn't want to give someone something I wouldn't want..

Always remember this... It's your name on that build...
It's either going to speak GOOD about you , Or BAD about you..

Well randy, I must say...I did not know you where pulling my leg...LOL...I see what other people can do and do in a lot less time than it takes me...I am my own wort critic and I know I still have a great amount I would love to learn. When I do work on a vehicle, you know, those big jobs that you pour your heart and soul into and work on it as though it is your own for six months to a year, sometimes, the hardest thing for me to do when it's done...is give the customer the keys...(That Chevy Short box was damn difficult...so he let me drive it for a bit...un bloody real...not a typical street ride, the truck is nuts)...then I felt somewhat better giving the keys back...LOL.

I feel the same way...it's my name, it's my rep...I always tell people, nobody ever says anything about an average car at a show, they only talk about the really good ones or the really bad ones. The cool thing is we get to decide how they react to what we build. I like what you said about them being happy in the end...I always tell customers that building a car and painting it is like Christmas dinner...All the work, all the preparation for Christmas Dinner is like getting the all the necessary work done on a vehicle. People will spend days preparing that meal...and it takes 20 minutes to eat it...just like the actual painting takes no time at all in comparison the work leading up to it. And just like Christmas Dinner, people may moan and complain about this and that about the meal...but in the end, they're all talking about how great it was.

Thanks Randy...I'm not to sharp this Friday...it's been a long and draining week. I'm behind on the build I'm working on now and my customer flying in on Monday or Tuesday from out West and I have a number of hours that I'm going to have to put in to get back on schedule before...then so Saturday and Sunday are full as well...

Thank You Randy for the kind words, coming from you...it only encourages be to get better.

Best to you my friend
Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (04-26-2013)