Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
That is gorgeous Randy, 5 weeks, pretty impressive. You mentioned in a previous post that you can see a project done before you start...I'm the same way...it doesn't matter if it's remodeling a kitchen or building a car and I can only speak for me but, I think that's key.

I always sit down with a customer and talk, not only about the vehicle, but, to get to know him, likes and dislikes and after a while you can often make suggestions and hit that nail right on the head. I'm on a build now for a customer that I've done work for in the past so I pretty much know what he likes. Last Summer, we talked on the phone for a few hours one night and discussed the possibility of building a car that he had been thinking about and he told me that he would be coming into my neck of the woods in a short time and we should talk more. When he arrived, we went out for several pops and I was carrying a round tube with me, I opened the tube up and showed him a rendering of what we had talked about...he said build it. It took longer to figure out the budget than it did to decide that he wanted it done...LOL.

There are a list of things that I needed more information on and that's how I ended up here...I found that many members had the information I needed when it came to suspension and drive train and it's been a great resource. Being on my own is great...I work on what I always wanted to work on and can take real pride in what I do...but I still often missed that problem solving for shops when I was a rep...this forum has help fill part of that void and I hope I've been able to give back for all the knowledge I've received.

You never know Randy...We both have very much the same interests...and when that happens, paths cross more often than we think possible...If it's OK..I'd like to send you a PM tomorrow, I'd do it today but it's about 1 AM out here and I have another early morning planned for Saturday.

Ray
Send me one anytime..1:09 AM here right now... I have something at church at 10:00am today with my Godchild,, But I should be home anytime after that.. Have a good night.. Randy