Somebody is doing things wrong with lead, how do I get through to him? - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I had a large box of goodies, videos and weld samples, blown air bags, seat belts, and a pile of other stuff that I used in presentations at my kids classes in elementary school. I found when you go into those classes you have your years of experience and it doesn't take much to fill time with a class room full of students, they will keep you there for hours upon hours! LOL And that's not including the teacher who will always be throwing questions too! Never did a high school auto shop, I don't have any kids at a school where there is one so I have missed out. But between Boy Scouts and elementary schools I have been able to enjoy doing this as well.

Brian
You don't have to have a kid there to do it,,, I do have two kids in high school, But will so be done,, I will keep doing this until they throw dirt in my face... Them kids enjoy it and you can tell they want you back every year.. They call me every year now.... It's the least I can do for them.. I'm giving back for all I was giving..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Randy, my older brother was that guy that could pick up a guitar and play it, violin, piano, you name it....but be damned if he could draw a crocked line if he had to. If his car wouldn't start, I'd ask if he put the key in upside down again...(Finally Dad bought him a Ford...with the key that fit both ways). I tried to play the guitar couldn't get the hang of it. That's what I'm saying, you have that natural ability, just like my brother could play any instrument, he had that ability.

I always enjoyed drawing as a kid and that has always stuck with me. When my kids where small, my son's favorite Disney movie was "The Fox and the Hound" I airbrushed a scene from the movie on his bedroom wall...when my Daughter got a little older, I told her I would do the same for her...I could have screamed...she picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarf's. We all have things that we are talented in, some more than others, I think the lucky ones enjoy what they have a talent for and can earn a living doing it.

Ray
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Randy, my older brother was that guy that could pick up a guitar and play it, violin, piano, you name it....but be damned if he could draw a crocked line if he had to. If his car wouldn't start, I'd ask if he put the key in upside down again...(Finally Dad bought him a Ford...with the key that fit both ways). I tried to play the guitar couldn't get the hang of it. That's what I'm saying, you have that natural ability, just like my brother could play any instrument, he had that ability.

I always enjoyed drawing as a kid and that has always stuck with me. When my kids where small, my son's favorite Disney movie was "The Fox and the Hound" I airbrushed a scene from the movie on his bedroom wall...when my Daughter got a little older, I told her I would do the same for her...I could have screamed...she picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarf's. We all have things that we are talented in, some more than others, I think the lucky ones enjoy what they have a talent for and can earn a living doing it.

Ray

My brother and sister both could play anything,, My brother even played with big bands here and even made some record's, He could pick the bands to play with if he wanted to and he self tought him self. Me I tried the guitar,drum's, and keyboard,, Failed everytime,,,

Now drawing was my thing when I was younger,, I passed most of my schooling because I could draw,, All the teachers would get me to draw for them and I think that's how I made good grades,, When me and my Second wife got together I did some quick drawing for her,, Nothing important,, But just wanted her to see me draw,, She was blown away how well I could do it,,, I can't do people, But I car draw anything else..I don't do it much anymore,, But know I still can,, I think that is why I'm like I am with cars,, That artist in me.. I guess anyway,, Plus I'm good at seeing things before they are in front of me..I'm Also good at looking at a picture and building what I see in that picture,,,

I once wanted to open a fitness gym,, I worked out pretty much my whole life,, Well when I wanted to open this gym I went to the bank and they said we can't loan you the money,, I was pi** off.. Went home and my wife said now what are you going to do ?? I said No one is going to stop me,, So I built every machine,bench,stands, and so on.. I bought the weights,And weight stacks for the machines,, We open the gym and everyone could not believe I built everything,, 6 months after we were open the bank would open the door when we would stop in.. Very sad,, But I did it.. Where there is a will, there is a way..

Here's a few shot's of some of the machines and bench's I made,, I won't post the whole gym,, We will be here all day,,, But I think you will get the idea,,, Don't tell me I can do something... I will..

Now I built ever peice I built by only looking at a picture and being around it most of my life... NO MEASURMENT'S AT ALL TO GO BY..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0052.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	73491   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0053.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	73492   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0054.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	73493   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0055.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	73494   Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0056.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	73495  

Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Last photo:

This is what I did for my wife that I said wasn't important,,, I think it was for her.. It was a fast sketch..

My favorite to draw was cars..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SCAN0057.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	73500  
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
tech69 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Yes Brian, I remember times with my kids and doing presentations, they where a blast..sometimes i think they wanted to talk for hours just so they wouldn't have to do school work.

That is pretty amazing work Randy, if you can do all that< i don't think that any piece of metal working equipment would give you a hard time at all. I know hat you mean about that artist thing,and how you can see it finished before you start, now I call the vehicle I'm painting my canvas. Excellent work on that gym equipment...amazing.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Yes Brian, I remember times with my kids and doing presentations, they where a blast..sometimes i think they wanted to talk for hours just so they wouldn't have to do school work.

That is pretty amazing work Randy, if you can do all that< i don't think that any piece of metal working equipment would give you a hard time at all. I know hat you mean about that artist thing,and how you can see it finished before you start, now I call the vehicle I'm painting my canvas. Excellent work on that gym equipment...amazing.

Ray
LOL, you are probably right on the money there.

Brian
Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 PM

Last photo:

Randy, That is impressive - I don't think I've ever met someone who built a whole gym worth of equipment - good looking too! (the equipment - I don't know what you look like!)
The Following User Says Thank You to sedanbob For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
Randy, That is impressive - I don't think I've ever met someone who built a whole gym worth of equipment - good looking too! (the equipment - I don't know what you look like!)
Yes I would say that's a first, wild!

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM

Last photo:

Thanks guy's... I didn't mean to side step this thread,,

I made a lot of money in my life,, But made a lot of wrong choices,, The gym was something I waited for for 15 years,, And the last thing I ever wanted to hear was my bank didn't want to give me the money,,,

So I did what I had to do,, It was my dreame in life to have one,,, I started building peice by peice,, Took me a little less then a year,, Sold everything We had, that we didn't really want to part with to pay off as much as we can to start building...

I was also working 12-14 hours a day at the ship yard,, Came home every night and built more,, Once we had everything we needed to open the doors,,, We didn't have a $100.00 to open a checking account,, We hit our piggy bank and started rolling coin's.. My CPA was the same guy that did the big shipyards here,,

We open the doors and things took off FAST.. made very good money.. One night 6 month's after we was open I got a phone call about 10:00 that night from my CPA.. He said I wanted to call and congradulate you.. I said for what,, He said because what you did in 6 months takes people 5 years to do..

My dream came true...

So NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS...
With hard work,, It will happen..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 04-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
tech69 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 05:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanbob View Post
Thanks Mr.Bob..

I'm not the good looking one, My wife has me beat...
Just so you will know who your talking with,, Here's a shot of me and the boss..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	all pics 1495a.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	73516  
Old 04-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well guys, things went well last night, a few hick ups but that was to be expected. I was thinking I did pretty well, got a few pats on the back, then I realized it was because I was chocking on a donut...LOL. But over all it was a fun evening, I didn't get out of there until after 1 AM, lots of cleaning up and questions that where car specific and not related to what we where doing. I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of enthusiasts together.

I'll have a more in-depth account of how it all went after tonight. I've got a pretty busy day ahead of me...still need to keep my regular stuff on schedule.

Thanks guys.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

[QUOTE=NEW INTERIORS;1669686]Thanks Mr.Bob..

You are a lucky man Randy...My wife and I have gone through some pretty rough times, I always told her, as fast as things get rough, they can get good again just as fast...just keep the faith.

Ray
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 AM

Last photo:

[quote=69 widetrack;1669813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Thanks Mr.Bob..

You are a lucky man Randy...My wife and I have gone through some pretty rough times, I always told her, as fast as things get rough, they can get good again just as fast...just keep the faith.

Ray
Yes.. I'm lucky to have her,, But as far as the rough times,,, Let's just say it was a hard ride for sure..
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Well guys, things went well last night, a few hick ups but that was to be expected. I was thinking I did pretty well, got a few pats on the back, then I realized it was because I was chocking on a donut...LOL. But over all it was a fun evening, I didn't get out of there until after 1 AM, lots of cleaning up and questions that where car specific and not related to what we where doing. I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch of enthusiasts together.

I'll have a more in-depth account of how it all went after tonight. I've got a pretty busy day ahead of me...still need to keep my regular stuff on schedule.

Thanks guys.

Ray
Great to hear it all went good... I knew it would..
Good job Mr.Ray.. Good job..
Now!!!! just send me a copy of that video...
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Hey Guys...As I mentioned...things went well, with a few surprises to say the least. I will post the way things unfolded a little later. For now I am committed to trying to learn how to post pictures...I'm gonna need to learn how to do this if I'm going to post a video...LOL.

I've been trying to figure this out and what I have learned is I have no idea what the difference is between an HTML and a JPEG...so here is about a 4th attempt this morning...Hope it works.

Randy, I've got some editing to do, after all, about 7 hours of video and I want to only post the stuff that means anything.

Ray
Attached Images

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.