someone stole my stereo last night - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 11:10 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

someone stole my stereo last night

just when i thought it was safe in my hood some asscracker broke into my one and only car that has a radio and ripped off my $125 3 year old cd player out of my wife's car. no cd's, factory speakers, no amp. just a fm/cd. cracked the dash doing it. don't know much else as my wife just called me here at work. F'ing ******. i think i have an idea who did it, either him or the whole block full of people from south of the border who live one block to my north

Advertisement

Last edited by NAIRB; 07-20-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

I feel your pain.

I've had the same car stolen from me twice within two years. Never found either one of the culprits. The first time the car was found sitting on the intersate in OK. The second it was found in a heap of carnage in KS. Crazyiest thing is, it's a city with very little crime. Just bad luck I guess.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Move It On Over!

Last photo:

Dont ya wish you could catch them in the act!

/NRA member
Old 07-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

bullheimer, they will probably get $5 out of that three year old cd player. Why do they even bother? Did they do a hack job on your dash and wires? The car I am driving now has parts of the dash broken and wiring cut from stereo theft.

I have had several vehicles broken into. I wish that they would at least be neat about it.

One time I got over to far on a gravel road with my 70 Maverick Grabber and the road collapsed under my right front wheel. It was not to far from my girlfriends house so we walked to her house and I spent the night there. Her Dad and I went to pull it out the next day and some kind soul had broken my drivers side window out. They pulled the knobs off the stereo but apparently could not figure out how to remove it. They tried to kick the CB out from under the dash with equal success How stupid can you be, the only thing that held it was one wing-nut on each side. Had a pair of pants in the car that they tried on (judging from the mud inside the pant-legs). They must not have fit because they left them. They got mud all over the interior, even on the headliner. They jumped up and down on top of the car, not real good on the top. and all they managed to steal was an unopened case of oil that I had in the back seat. I still wish I could "talk" to the culprits. This was on a lighty-traveled gravel road in rural Iowa.

Somebody shot the passenger side door window out of our 75 Impala in Des Moines. BB gun, nothing was missing.

I used to leave my 73 Estate Wagon at the warehouse that I hauled out of in Des Moines. It was in what was considered to be a bad area of town. Many times the car would sit there most of the night or all weekend. Nobody ever touched that car in that location. I left it once at a small trucking teminal in Greenfield Iowa. My brother-in-law and I went and picked up a trailer at Bunn-o-matic in Creston (about 21 miles one way). In the short amount of time that we were gone someone broke into my Buick and tried to steal the trailer brake controls from under my dash. It was hanging there by the brake lines. Broke my dash, cost me time and money repairing it.

Doesn't matter where you are or how crime free you think the area is, there always seems to be some pinhead that is too lazy to work but has all kinds of energy when it comes to stealing from you.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:07 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

saw a weirdo walking by yesterday aft. that my wife said walked towards her then turned around yesterday am.... she saw two mexies on bikes with their brims down over their eyes drive by today.... i got 'cans down the street, but they've been there for the whole year and a half i've lived there as well as the suspected crack house a block away. when i first got there the guy across the street got his garage ripped off, and a pud that used to live in my house when my step daughter rented it and kicked down his 100 yr old bedroom door lives one block east. so i gotta veritible cornicopia of a-holes all around me.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

All my car stereos have single end razor blade attachments (I use crazy glue), I would love to see the look on their face when they reach up under the dash to steal my stereo.

The way I look at it, at least I would have a fresh DNA sample
Old 07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!

Last wiki edit: Improving fuel economy
Last journal entry: Finally on the road
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
All my car stereos have single end razor blade attachments (I use crazy glue), I would love to see the look on their face when they reach up under the dash to steal my stereo.

Heh, you try that down here in the States and you'll likely end up with a lawsuit.

Left my car sit at my employer's business overnight (was working on hotrodding it, carb & intake) and someone decided to help themselves to the four subs and the amp in my trunk.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck

Sad thing is, with as sue-happy as those pee-ons can be, you'll likely wind up in court defending yourself. Kinda funny how smart dumb people can be...

About 10 years ago I had a lowlife try stealing the cassette deck out of my Monte. I had just stopped at Micky D's for supper before work. I was out of the car for maybe 5 minutes, only to catch him leaned into my car hacking wires. I yanked him back and then pounded his head into the roofline. He threatened to sue. Both cases wound up dropped. Still burns me. He could have just as easily stole the whole dang car. I learned then to always lock the doors. Small town or not. Day, night, whatever.
So Bullheimer, thank goodness nobody got hurt, yet.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:49 PM

Wow, some people! I cant say i have ever had anything stole from me, although i live in a small town in North Dakota. The locks on my pickup dont work, and when i take it somewhere, i never worry to much about it, i just pull the keys. I dont usually lock any of my vehicles at night, although there are a few people in town that make you think you should. Anyway, i am just happy with my good luck so far
Old 07-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Neighbor just got over 5 grand ripped off out of his house late Sat. night. I woke up when I heard a bottle hit asphalt. Key evidence!!! Where the bottle was laying the cops think it fell out of their car. I wish when I heard it I would have got up, but where we live the SOB's are always driving by throwing bottles out. Hopefully they will get fingerprints. It looked like a regular CSI next door for about 4 hours. Momma said we are tightening security up now. Headed to the Depot for some cameras and monitor this weekend. Then a new batch of shells for the guns, and some treats for the watchdogs!!!! We cacth somebody screwin around I will at least give them the courtesy to use my cell phone to call 911
Old 07-20-2004, 04:55 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

Re: someone stole my stereo last night

Quote:
Originally posted by bullheimer
F'ing ******. i think i have an idea who did it, either him or the whole block full of people from south of the border who live one block to my north
You sure you dont live in VA? Or have they spread that far? j/k j/k.

But ya know its true!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:18 PM

Last photo:

Some punk tried to steal my jvc cd player a couple weeks back. Instead they broke my door handle off in the process. Oh well i guess.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.