Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sometimes you have to spend the bucks for a good tool.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Yep, I took a swipe at the tool truck guys - but I did have some less than good experiences with some of the local guys in the past - your guys my be great, and the locals here now that I no longer buy tools for my living, may be the best in the world, but as Brian and others have said, personal service counts, and they lost my business due to lack of it - both Snap-on and MAC.

I will debate anyone on quality of Snap-on ratchets. They are the ONLY ones that I have ever had fail with regularity and have a couple of hand scars to prove it - they were repaired and sold. I had them in the Army - and they were junk there as well. I have used S-K with one failure in 40 years - my favorite 3/8 broke the ring gear after several years use. I still have the replacement, tho it's beginning to get sloppy. The two S-K 1/2" ratchets are about the same age and still work like new. My 1/4" is a Sears, a replacement after my S-K set was stolen a few years ago. It is probably replacement #6 or more - and never a rebuilt and will be eventually replaced by another S-K. Sears ratchets......, but warrented forever

We can debate the positives and negatives of tools and how we get them and it all comes down to personal choices and experiences.

Dave