Soooo, I went to get a front end for my truck and met Guy Fieri. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,230 Times in 1,083 Posts
Soooo, I went to get a front end for my truck and met Guy Fieri.

I went on a little 190 mile trip today to get a 49-54 Chevy passenger car front end for my truck today in Santa Rosa up north above the SF bay. The guys house was way up many miles into the hills to the east of Santa Rosa, what a beautiful place!

Here's the guys house.

We got it into our van with a tractor.

On the way home we had planned to go to lunch at one of Guy Fieri's Diners Drive-inns and Dives as there are a number there being he lives there. Both us being foodies we get a kick out of the show and watch it often, just last night in fact. So I went on line and grabbed a couple off the list, La Texania was one of them which my wife wanted to go to so we did. We just finished off our lunch and in walks Guy! LOL It was damn funny and we got a photo (my wife has a mint stuck in her cheek) and left. By the way he doesn't drive a 67 Camaro Conv every day (knew he wouldn't but just thought I would say) he drives his kick butt Jeep. Check out the license plate.

Anyway, good day all in all with the wife and I got another goodie for my truck.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM
JS-70

Last photo:

Very cool, thanks for the pictures!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Never watched him,,

I have to say this,, You must have paid your wife, To let you put that inside her van... I think you need to get that truck done, and fast,,

My wife **** when I put anything in her Yukon..

That's why I have a truck..
Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM

Last photo:

LOl, the only time she said anything was when she saw me put the seat belts around it.

I cleaned them up when we got home. It was way over kill anyway being it was tied in down to the trailer hitch. But I wanted to be extra sure if we were to hit something that sucker wouldn't smash us. It really wasn't a big deal, I am SOOOOOOO glad I decided to grab that sheet of plywood and lay it in there. That made all the difference in the world. And to get it out, did it by myself without so much as a grunt by pulling the plywood out the back to a cart.

Oh and I did some serious set up for when she saw that rusty POS as to why in the world would I pay money for it and why would we drive so far to get it. But it was such a nice drive with her, it was up in country that I was a paint rep in so it feels like going home for me to get up there.

Brian
Old 05-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Last photo:

I almost fell on the floor when I seen the seat belt's...
In inside the van at that...LOL

That's when you know for sure you have it bad,,,
But yes you wouldn't what that thing flying in the front seat...

Getting it out would be easy.. Just floor it and then hit the brakes,, It will come out by it's self..
Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM

Last photo:

It all worked out and I had a wonderful day with the wife, it don't get any better.

Brian
Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
It all worked out and I had a wonderful day with the wife, it don't get any better.

Brian
True Hotrodding my friend !!!!! True Hotrodding...
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (05-19-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Thanked 1,451 Times in 1,160 Posts
Hey Brian. It is good to see you getting started on the truck. I am going to look at a '50 Ford shoebox tonight. Hope it works out. Keep us posted on the truck build. BTW I saw a Rambler at the Good-Guys that led me to believe Martha needs wider rear tires.

John

Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Last photo:

Sweet little Rambler there John. I would love to have a wagon, I have always loved them and one of these little Americans would be cool. I have a goal on getting to my truck full bore by the end of the year. I have some other things I need to do, if I can get that done I will be happy. If it comes before even better but that is my goal.

I have picked up all the major components I need now so it will make it a little smoother knowing what I have them. The one last thing I really want is a seat from a 49-54 passenger car. I THINK that is what I want, I had one and had to sell it when I closed up the shop being I didn't have a place to put it at the time. But with the roof being 6.5 inches lower I am not sure if I would want to cut it up enough anyway. So it may be the stock truck seat I am using, but for that matter I need one of them too.

I also need 4 nice 53ish wheels. I have a set but they are pretty rusted.

Brian
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Sounds like you have a plan. There is a lot of really good advice on here when it comes time for paint and body......

Please start a build thread and let us follow along. If I get the Shoebox I am going to post a thread on the patch panel and top chop. It should be good for some of the newer guys.

BTW. Has 123Pugsy posted any progress pictures lately. I miss seeing the work he was doing.

John
Old 05-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Sounds like you have a plan. There is a lot of really good advice on here when it comes time for paint and body......

Please start a build thread and let us follow along. If I get the Shoebox I am going to post a thread on the patch panel and top chop. It should be good for some of the newer guys.

BTW. Has 123Pugsy posted any progress pictures lately. I miss seeing the work he was doing.

John
make a nice cruiser.

Bring back memorys,not a flattie though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	667515152.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	74182   Click image for larger version

Name:	3972.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	74183  
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 View Post
make a nice cruiser.

Bring back memorys,not a flattie though.
Oh yeah. Love the little Minor but I would give my left you know what for that Ford Ragtop.

John
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post

John
I have a large aerial photo (a very low aerial photo) in my dining room that was taken Jan 1951. It has a Ford Dealership in it with those Shoeboxes parked out front and you can even see the trunk of one in the showroom. It's a cool old brick building that is still there just a few blocks from my home.

Pugsy has some big house project doesn't he?

Brian
Old 05-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I have a large aerial photo (a very low aerial photo) in my dining room that was taken Jan 1951. It has a Ford Dealership in it with those Shoeboxes parked out front and you can even see the trunk of one in the showroom. It's a cool old brick building that is still there just a few blocks from my home.

Pugsy has some big house project doesn't he?

Brian
I like anything well done but tend to be a Ford guy for a couple of reasons. First Henry used more stainless than GM. Plating is not as pricey. Secondly, when I was a kid the only thing I could afford that had a V8 was an old Ford. It was a choice of a 6 cyl mopar, babbit rod Chevy, or a flathead Ford. I guess it just stuck. It doesn't hurt that repop parts are cheaper and more plentiful.

I think you are right but I miss Pugsy's posts. He does some cool work. I miss Mike (DeadBodyMan)working on his Plymouth too. 496Chevy3100 and you and I are going to have to just trudge along.

John
Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Yea ,John mine is on stand by for a couple weeks or so ,Kelly took in complete overhaul on 10 ambulances 2 freightliners 8 ford 450 complete paint ,interior ,cabinets air cond and floor covering ,so the assembley lane paint booth,and,body shop are really busy,he also put in a bid on 52 school buses ,paint only,,so mine is pushed aside for now,,

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.