Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sound Deadener
Thread: Sound Deadener
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 03:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

The Ice Shield must be an "up North" thang....here in L.A. (Lower Arkansas) we barely have cold water, much less ice...sounds like a good thing to seal the entire car with, but the builder supply places here don't have it. Another alternative(hey, it worked for me) is spray on pick up bed liner. It seals, it coats, it smooths, and it's fairly reasonable, less than $50 a gallon at WallyWorld. Just be careful to cover everything you don't want it on, or wipe it off pretty quickly with laquer thinner before it dries if you get it on something it's not meant to be on. I used the insulation stuff sold at Lowe's that is the aluminum foil on both sides type stuff made of air pockets. it molds and contours to every nook and glues down very well. I always use two layers, mis-matching the seams so it doesn't stop and start in the same place. I think the foil backed jute insulation would be better, but it is so very hard to make go over humps and curves, like the tranny hump. Have done the floor in my car three times and used the bubble stuff the last two, it has done a good job. Know lots of other folks round here that used it also with great success. Will inquire about the Ice Shield stuff for future projects, it sounds like a good way to go...