Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sources for body panels
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Hot rods are still the king

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Normally that is true, but nearly all of the repro panels available today are stamped at the same one or two factories in China. Very few are US made and virtually all of them are terrible from a fitment standpoint. How vendors get away with charging such a wide range of prices for the same parts is a mystery. For example, all of the partial floor pans for GM cars are stamped the same and all suck as far as fitment. Doesn't make sense to spend more for the same crappy fitting part. The full rocker-to-rocker floor pans now available are an exception and can actually save a lot of labor to offset the high purchase price.
This is true there are only a few companys that make the parts but I can say that I have had very good luck with the parts that I get from Classic Industries if it is marked with the GM trademark it will like OEM parts like I said in the earlier post I just finished a set of pans in a 66 Lamans and the pans were crap they didnt meet up the middle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 149.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	49947