Southern Polyurethanes.........thank You - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Southern Polyurethanes.........thank You

Today being Sunday , and a Holiday, i just want to say the customer service i received from SPI is second to none. IM very happy i bought products from a company that VALUES there customers with the integrity in which they operate. I wish more companies were as loyal to there customers as SPI. Im a big fan.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 08:23 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I keep telling everybody that.I just wish them even more success so they can start making base's and low end SS paints so I dont have to deal with Dupont at all.....SPI's products are top notch but customer service puts them way over the top...My hats off to Barry and all his employees...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:23 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalbluevib
Today being Sunday , and a Holiday, i just want to say the customer service i received from SPI is second to none. IM very happy i bought products from a company that VALUES there customers with the integrity in which they operate. I wish more companies were as loyal to there customers as SPI. Im a big fan.
Have you gone over to the Company Review section and put an entry in for them? That could be a valuable section, but way too few guys bother making entries. I encourage you to do so, if you haven't.

good luck.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by chronos; 03-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 PM

Last photo:

Not sure why your having such a hard time getting SPI. The price listed on the web-site (us) is around $150 for a gallon of epoxy and a gallon of activator. Here in Canada its around $200. That is not much of a mark up considering dollar differences and duties. Some of their other products o this side of the border are almost the exact same price as stateside.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 PM

Last photo:

I live in the Maritimes and just received my shipment..... I just think the price is fair for me.... I can't really say more than that..... I don't live closer to Windsor.... etc

Although, I do to Maine but no jobbers in Maine ? Too bad....

I have not had a price issue with SPI but I have picked their brain and they have been Fantastic help for me....

my 2 cents
Old 03-30-2010, 06:59 AM

SPI is a small company,I'm very fortunate to live in the same state (Ga.) all I got to do is call my guy and he delivers it to me.I cant imagine having to order it.He does have a deal where ,if you guy 4 gallons of clear you get the fifth one free so if your a body shop thats worth the wait.If your not, you should feel blessed that you can get this stuff at all.and that anybody will even talk to an amateur or hobbyist ,try calling Dupont or 3-M sometime with a question ...I've called the hot-line many times with just a quick question and ended up talking with Barry for an hour.I've been in this biz a long time and Barry has shared many tricks with me ,he's a smart man an has my respect.They make an excellent quality product and I feel they got my back as far as keeping it affordable.Barry and I disagree very colorfully on some subjects but if I call him, he knows who hes talking to and calls me by name and is ALWAYS polite and helpful but if he wasn't it wouldn't matter,I'd still by his products...When you deal with the big companies all your life and take it up the butt to pay for their luxury weekends golfing in the tropics and stumble onto a hard working company that cares about the grunts that buy their products ,you would be dedicated to it too. I just hope it don't change when he gets EVERYBODY gets hooked ,,,or sells out to the competition, thats what the big guys do they just buy up these companies.I'm sure he's had offers but he swears hell never sell out...I hope thats true...
Old 03-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Chronos - the only thing I can say is that if you go to SPI/Barry with an 'attitude' you will not get lullaby's and conciliation in response. If you have a question, a problem or even want to discuss world problems in a normal manner, they will go out of their way. As far as price - sorry, you live where there is a bit of differential between dollars and loonies, close now, plus import duties. Then your jobber - and his stocking/price break mark up - not necessarily in Barry's control. You are coming to the wrong forum for this problem -

Dave W
Old 03-30-2010, 08:13 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

sucks to be a canuck eh . i have never known barry to be rude to a customer. if you want a pissing match though he will gladly accommodate you. i think you need to tell the rest of the story because with what you posted i have to call bs. just about ever person using spi has had contact with barry and you are the first to complain.

as for the cost. don't like it don't buy it. it is by far better than ppg or dupont in cost.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 AM

``````````````````````````````

Last edited by chronos; 03-30-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:53 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:

i aint here to win any popularity contest . when i see bs i call it. pure and simple. seems to be a lot of it here on hr now days. first time i ever talked to barry i prodded him like a steer into a trailer about his epoxy. after 40 years of being lied to by every mfg rep out there i wanted straight answers on his epoxy. that's exactly what i got and no attitude. if ever he had a chance to be rude believe me that was it. so to me there must be more to the story .
Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM

2 Sides to every story. First time i used universal clear and spi in general, i purchased it from a local paint store. They had a few gallons in stock and weren't going to carry it anymore so i tried to work out a deal with them and buy the rest of their stock. I told barry about it and he told me if the deal went through then to contact him and let him double check the hardeners and make sure they are ok (shelf life). If he didn't feel comfortable with them he said he'd send me replacements all free of charge! Just put in a $400 order with james yesterday morning, got the delivery this mornin and he gave me the gallon of reducer free! I dont think i have EVER recieved any free product the entire 5-6 years i've been using sikkens exclusively. I may have gotten a great deal on some things for my personal cars but NEVER anything free. Not to mention the first time I ordered from james it almost felt like i've been ordering from spi for years...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

....then there was the deal Barry had on IWATA LPH 400's a couple years ago that he can no longer offer that I'm sure shine recalls as well I got mine . Thanks again, Barry.

Dave W

Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
....then there was the deal Barry had on IWATA LPH 400's a couple years ago that he can no longer offer that I'm sure shine recalls as well I got mine . Thanks again, Barry.

Dave W

Sounds like you got a nice deal , i wish i was around here then for that . My Iwata with the orange cap and the silver ( clear ) set my back 500.00 $ or more i think. Ill be using it tommorow on my car for the first real big job. Wish me luck, i might need it .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	44811   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	44812   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	44813   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	44814  
Old 03-30-2010, 06:11 PM

Good luck ... One problem though .....with that gun and that paint you left no excuse for a less than perfect job....You'll be fine ,please post the pics when your done ,I love seeing pics of a first paint job...You nervous? I want to hear all about it.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.