Hot Rod Forum banner

spacer berings or bering spacers

895 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom 
#1 ·
clevite berings makes a spacer bering for a smllblock chevy so you don't have to use the bering spacers normally used when a 350 or 327 crank is used in a 400 block, what I need to know is where I can get them or the address of clevite or tel number. I could also use the part number.I seen these things advertised a shot time ago but cant remember where I do know that the cost is $ 83+change for the set and that the rear bering still needs a spacer

#3 ·
I know I read an ad recently so they are still available and I'm searching already been through the net but I have 20 or so trade publications if you come up with it it would be super.I have a 400 4bolt and a 327 forged lg crank going 020 bore for a just about even 350 cubes pistons should be no problem (BRC customs)

#5 ·
thanks I will try them.This is my dream engine and have been planning it for about 20 years and have been gathering parts, I so far have the crank, a 68 factory supercrank forged radiused that came in a chevyII radio delete 4 bolt main 325 hp it still is at std bering size and perfect.the heads 68 #291 202/160 fulies yes I know there are better but these are the ones I want.the block is a 71 400 4bolt truck with absolutly no cracks and good std bore,will bore 020 with deckplates and hardblock to streetable level add the stud kit and windage tray.the rods are eagle sir at 6 inch, other parts, cloyes hidollar time set, melling pump, chevy brown springs,350 hp 327 corvette intake.the parts I'm waiting for are BRC custom flattops and camshaft,leaning toward a solid lifter unit with lift about 485 and duration at 290(a little race gas maybe?)I would really like to top it off with a quad webber IDA side draft system but for now a holley will do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.