Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spacer between carb and intake manifold?...
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 06:57 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Spacer between carb and intake manifold?...

Hey guys, how goes it. I have a 1985 Chevrolet S10 with a carbureted 2.8 V6. It already has an insulator gasket that goes between the carb and the intake manifold with a heated grid attached to it (probably an 1/8-1/4" thick or something) stock. I have heard of people using spacers between their TBI and intake manifolds, but also with carburetors to get a better fuel mixture. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would make a difference (good or bad) if I place a spacer on top of the EFE Insulator gasket to raise the carb even higher from the intake manifold. The spacer would basically be a insulator gasket w/o the heated grid since I have one just sitting here. I have a body lift, so hood clearance isn't an issue.

Just something I was thinking about. If anyone has any insight, it's appreciated.
1985 2.8L 4WD 5-spd Extended Cab: 48Kvolt Accel Coil, Accel 8mm spark plug wires, Taurus Electric Fan Conversion, 2.5" straight pipe from y-pipe into Flowmaster 40 series, 3" Body lift, Black spray paint paint-job....Still can't outrun a schoolbus