Hot Rod Forum banner

SPAL 2700 CFM electric fan

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  68chevelle_ss 
#1 ·
Hello,

Do you think a SPAL 2700 CFM dual 11" electric fan / alum. rad. combo is sufficient for a 400 HP engine and street use ?

Thanks

#3 ·
only thing i'd be concerned about is how well the fan is shrouded, to produce proper flow across the rad. Also, are you using a manual or automatic transmission. if you have an automatic tranny and a big stall converter, that's gonna produce some extra heat. 2700 cfm is pretty hefty though.

good luck

the blonde weasel

#4 ·
You make a good point blndweasel about the shrouding, xmsn type and stall speed. The fan pkg I bought consisted of the two fans, shrouding, relays, etc. It included almost everything necessary to wire and mount the fans. The fans came mounted side by side in a shroud that can be placed directly on the radiator and do an excellent job of shrouding the air. I made my own brackets to mount the fan pkg. Also, I'm am running a TH350 with a 3600rpm stall speed and external B&M tranny cooler on the front of the radiator. I have yet to check the trans temp but I haven't seen the engine touch over 195 using a 180 thermostat in August.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.