Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spark plug no longer aval . ac 43N
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks carsavvycook ,

compression is 11.5 so i could up the gap to .040 to .050 as msd says for 10.5 to 13 compression ratios

I did try re jetting the carb also : 84 /82 , when i removed the rear power valve i went to 90 in back ( 850 dp ).

i checked for vac leak and exhaust leaks as well .. none were found , car dies very quickly if i cover the choke area .

Iam using 110 oct. fuel . I had a couple people at the track tell me the pop could be a vac leak as you mentioned or something about the fuel igniting with a plug to hot and is creating a hot spot in the combustion chamber and some fuel is unburnt creating that pop , cold fuel , hot exhaust .

I just know it don't sound good but yet yet the car runs quite well as long as iam not idle or just slightly above it . I will check the air mixture screws again with the vac gauge but was sure i did it right . I can only think of plugs after i check that , I guess since the plug now is a hot plug i could try one or two steps colder . The being lean iam afraid will hurt something .