Speed bleeders - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Speed bleeders

i have them on my 50 merc .how are yo supposed to see the air bubbles @the wheel, .if your in the kar pumping the brake pedal?????. Has anyone got an idea on this ."one man operation"?OR have you complaints on these? any help please bob s

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 PM

Last photo:

ok the deal with them is your not to think about it! pump 4 or 5 times lock it down, go to the next and so on. check your pedal. if it does not feel good go at it again then you should be done. you are still think old school and need to see what you are doing.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Very easy to use Speed Bleeders and actually see bubbles. It really takes 2 people to do it right, but the major advantage is that you don't need to "train" that other person (wife, significant other) to pump and hold

Put about an inch of brake fluid in a clean jar. Put one end of a piece of tubing on the bleeder, then immerse the other end in that inch of fluid in the jar. Or as the previous post above said in so many words - take it on faith that it works by pumping the pedal several times. I've done my F350 DD with those bleeders as well as the two per caliper Wilwoods on my '31 with discs on all 4 corners by myself on faith.

As a note, Russell brand (Edelbrock) Speed Bleeders can rust heavily and become useless as I found on my F350 - and in only a couple years.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
Very easy to use Speed Bleeders and actually see bubbles. It really takes 2 people to do it right, but the major advantage is that you don't need to "train" that other person (wife, significant other) to pump and hold

Put about an inch of brake fluid in a clean jar. Put one end of a piece of tubing on the bleeder, then immerse the other end in that inch of fluid in the jar. Or as the previous post above said in so many words - take it on faith that it works by pumping the pedal several times. I've done my F350 DD with those bleeders as well as the two per caliper Wilwoods on my '31 with discs on all 4 corners by myself on faith.

As a note, Russell brand (Edelbrock) Speed Bleeders can rust heavily and become useless as I found on my F350 - and in only a couple years.

Who else is making these bleeders? Would stainless be the way to go..or....maybe stainless wouldn't be removable,in a short time.? the faith side i have plenty of that A try will i give it.Rust shouldn't be a problem i would think on Kars that don't see daylight to often.....this being what i have. again thank you for the help. bob s

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.