Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - speed demon or mighty demon?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtyninemercury
My first and only BG carb was defective out of the box. See my post here at this website. My motor now runs excellent with a 3/8" aluminum open spacer underneath my Holley carb. A word of advice to anyone - whether or not you buy BG or not - make damn sure that you have a good working A/F meter on your ride - and having a tuned good working carb as a back-up, too!!!
Actually we do not know your carburetor was defective as you never gave us the opportunity to look at it. Yes, you did have a problem but you only checked for a vacuum leak and then made up your mind you were returning it to the outlet where it was purchased and did not give us the opportunity to diagnose what was going on. As stated in the other thread this was not a common problem as the car should not run for 7 minutes and then go lean all by itself. A carburetor does not work that way. You can continue to bash us but lets give them the whole story as we even offered to exchange it for a different one . As stated we are here to help those we can and we offered the same to you and you declined. Don't really know what else we could have done for you at that point. I think there was more going on than you have told us and everyone in all the forums you posted on as other members were suspicious as well.For those that may have an issue feel free to pm , email or call us and we will work with you to correct the problem.