Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - speed pro forged pistons?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
Ron is posing that other side of the discussion.Just because it's Ron doesn't mean he is right.Don't exclude all the references I posted that believe a long rod is worth while.And then I am telling you it is.

We needed to swap out a 5.7 engine for a spare identical short block 6" rod.Actually used the same cam.That 6" rod engine would put on a fender consistently at the top end.Sensitive butt dyno,it just felt faster.We knew John at LPE and I am very sure he believed the worth of long rods.
That was a great article. It almost covers everything that gets me fired up about interent engine builders. long rods and "More area under the curve" type cams. SS valves and refersion of the exhuast. All really interent based issues. for ppl that have to much theroy and not enough dirty finger nails and bloodly knuckles.

Butt Dyno really that is where this technical discussion is over. So your wrong just admit it and make the world a happy place.