Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - speed pro forged pistons?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Last journal entry: 383 dyno sym
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

We both used names in the business to prove our point.That in these forums is inappropriate.The advise we both prove should be based on trust of what we both know and not use names.
Dirty hands experience for me started way back as a engine tester/dyno rm tech working at the Chevy engine plant in Tonn,NY under the UAW 774.I started a learning curve under the supervision of Frank Leuendowski and Gorgie Shears.Before that under the guidance of a world war II motor pool mechanic Paul Weaver.At 65 yrs old I have spend my entire life as a study in dirty hands.I have been involved in a partnership of a very successful professional race operation of over 40yrs where 20yrs of it was in 9.90 racing winning a national event and currently a TAD with nitrous that ran in the 1/8 4.56@150.So your off base in your comments.We have been involved as a business for the whole time in the partnership in sales of overstock and recondition high performance parts where it was a tradition for three yrs to have dinner with the industry leaders because of our purchases we made.

Sir as always there is two sides to a story.That has been the case about long rod vs short rods since Smoky.So moving forward given our backgrounds it should be enough when we say it is like this.Even if we don't agree about a topic,that is why forums like this one works.

I don't think in this whole exchange at anytime I disrespected you.And Richard is a friend.(Techinspector 1) who I have know for awhile.I certainly respect his knowledge that time and again he has proven in posts on two forums.But I do disagree with him from time to time.

I am going to wrap up my posts on this topic like this.We all know and believe to stroke a engine adds to it's power output.Right??. Then to add to the length of that stroke with longer rods at the very least,a mechanical lever advantage should be a given. Really a simplistic answer??. Is it more complicated than that??. Yes it is.But that debate is for another thread sometime later.

To the O/P of this thread.I sincerely apologize how this got out of hand.