Hot Rod Forum banner

Speed Week 2010 photography

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  plugphotography 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, my name is Owen Buggy, I’m and English/Irish Automotive Photographer looking to shoot Bonneville Speed week 2010………….

My aim is to get involved with a team taking part in Speed week 2010. I want to document your “trials and tribulations” including your vehicle, your team, the runs & the atmosphere during speed week….and maybe even the journey/road trip to & from Bonneville.

I can probably fund my air fare to the USA (California etc) but that’s about all my budget will allow….so I’m looking to become part of a team that can provide me with transport/accommodation during speed week. In return you will get free images of your team & vehicle during the whole event. I will attempt to get a magazine feature here in the UK about the trip and if you can get interest from any US publication then any images/story could be used for that also.

I have been a commercial photographer for about 5 years and have a BA in the Photography & Electrical Imaging. I have loads of experience shooting cars in motion (tracking shots) and also on location, from hot rods to production motors.

I lived in San Francisco for a period in 2007, during that time I drove eight thousand miles through 5 states shooting Automotive back grounds/landscapes for “CGI” prototype cars for companies such as Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Lotus Cars, Nissan, & General Motors. I spent a few happy days shooting the salt flats of Bonneville…great place…and somewhere I’d love to re-visit.

I’m 28, I love the smell of petrol, I love cars (owned 23 cars already) I’m pretty good with engines, I’m easy going & super keen to get involved.

I can send my automotive portfolio via email to anyone who is interested, or alternatively you can visit my website (search for: plugphotography) and view the “automotive” portfolio. I can’t put in a link to my site due to forum rules!

Please feel free contact me on:
Email: owen@plugphotography(dotcom)
Phone: +***********

begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************+44 (0) ****************end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Many thanks Guys.

Owen

See less See more
#2 ·
Give Gene Winfield a call. He's still chasing a record with his "Thing" coupe, last I heard he was also building a 32 for the salt. I am not at home, let me know if you can't find a number to call, I have it at home and will p.m. it to you. He lives in Mojave, is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet in your lifetime. Dan

#8 ·
I'm going to work on another guy I know, he runs a Mitsubishi, 200 plus MPH. He's a member of our Vapor Trailers club, i should have thought of hime ealier. Give me a few days.

#9 ·
dinger said:
I'm going to work on another guy I know, he runs a Mitsubishi, 200 plus MPH. He's a member of our Vapor Trailers club, i should have thought of hime ealier. Give me a few days.
Yes please do mate, i'm turbo keen to get involved with speed week.....tell your friend that I would provide hime with a great portfolio of images of his car and team, and also i'd help out on the ground with any car work if i'm needed......

Cheers pal.

Owen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.