Speedfoos 383 Volvo Amazon Build - Page 10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Last journal entry: test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well I reported the post above because its a spam bot that I've seen on a couple other forums. Glad to see it got taken care of......

My replacement camera showed up, so no more crappy phone pics. I love Ebay.

My QA1 coilovers (MSE-5375) also showed up. Can't say I'm terribly impressed with the quality and am about to head to Lowe's to get some grade 8 fasteners.

But here they are anyway.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Last photo:

Installed the ball joints on the LCAs - too easy. Love bolt in parts. I also threw the coilovers on their mounting points to see what was what.

Not half bad. I still need to get the bushings pressed in to the control arms - hopefully Friday or this weekend.

Then I threw Big Ds grill from the '55 into a new pot of soup.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Last photo:

I didn't have the time to let it cook fully so I did some work with a wire brush as well. Turned out all right.

Grill in primer

And then I ran out of black paint while finishing up the grill. That's OK though, Big D is also out of time. I'll get some better pics this afternoon when I deliver it.

Also derusted and painted his exhaust manifolds. Here's one of them. They are called ramhorn manifolds and are stock cast GM pieces. Not to be confused with their 4 cylinder F/I brethren. These came first though.

I'm almost done with everyone else's projects. Finished up everything I could on Floppy D's '55 wagon.

Welding on the interior. Sometimes it easier if you change your perspective.

I had it painted black, but he changed the grill to silver. This looks better IMO, but its not my car.

Vroom. A motor.

Its too ****ing hot in this state. I hate welding when I'm sweating my *** off.

The front almost put together with James multi-tasking with work while bolting on the fender.

And this gem is at the parking lot at work every day. Seriously. How can people be this dumb?

And then I bought something today.

Farking piece of shyte Harbor Freight 12-ton shop press.

Destroyed one of my lower control arms trying to press the bushing in. Frame twisted under load, ruined the bushing (Energy Suspension) and the control arm.

That goddamn waste of space is going back to the store and now I get to order a new control arm.

I'm just going to take the rest of them to the machine shop and let them press them in. That way if they feck up, its their money not mine.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Last photo:

Glad to see the work on this car is progressing nicely.

I've seen it other places and understand why you've kept it here.

How's it coming along?

I've got a '66 Combi that I'm collecting all the bits for at the moment. My planned setup is simpler but it's going to be a street car.

350/700r4

Jag Series III XJS front and rear narrowed, meaty disc brakes all round and 4 wheel independent suspension. Tub the rear and I'm contemplating making it a 2 door although the whole reason I love my wagon is it's functionality, the wolf in sheeps clothing effect is going to be sweet.

Anyway, I'm rambling. What's new on your four door?

cheers,
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Last photo:

Wrong time in my life. Made a hard decision and its going away. Most everything is gone, rest of the carcass will probably be sold this weekend leaving only the frame to sell and a few odds and ends (rear-end and a few other random bits).

Got tired of always being gone (Army) and having it stare me in the face every time I got home.

So it sits like this in my garage (I'm away again till the weekend). I already sold the roof:

And with the proceeds I bought a toy that actually runs and I can enjoy right now instead five more years and thousands of dollars later. I ride every day that I can and since I bought it on 27 December, I've already put 1200 miles on it. I love it.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM
boatbob2

Back seat....

Hi,back seats are not for loosers,theyre for LOVERS......
Old 02-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbob2
Hi,back seats are not for loosers,theyre for LOVERS......
And what the hell does that have to do with anything?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 AM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

Gotta tell ya, this looked like it was going to be a great ride, too bad you gave up. I do understand though. I retired from the USAF in 2007 after 24 years. Didn't have to go as much as you did, but I figured it was too hard to build a major project like you started here. I always bought a running car and made mild changes along, biggest one was dropping a 4.0L EFI engine in my Rambler until it got totaled. I was an instructor and staying put for a while, so took a year to build another Rambler wagon that was a little more involved, but I still didn't go real radical. Basically moved the EFI six over from the wreck and installed a Jaguar rear axle and T-bird rack and pinion as I built the new car. You can only do so much when you might have to pick up and move the whole family! With the deployment tempo now, especially for common Army MOS's, it would be tough!!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.