Hot Rod Forum banner

Speedometer Question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  docvette 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a spepdometer that includes turn signal and hi-beam indicators for my 35 Ford.

I originally was going to use Mooneyes gauges and insert small indicator lights on the dash, but an "all-in-one" unit would be a cleaner install.

Thanks.

#2 ·
ratfink35 said:
I'm looking for a spepdometer that includes turn signal and hi-beam indicators for my 35 Ford.

I originally was going to use Mooneyes gauges and insert small indicator lights on the dash, but an "all-in-one" unit would be a cleaner install.

Thanks.

Doc here, :pimp:

TRY Dolphin gauge clusters..

However, I personally feel..IF you want to go mechanical, a 56 Chev Dash Cluster (modernized) would look primo in there...

Doc :pimp:

#4 ·
Chevrolet4x4s said:
why not drill your gague and use small leds for indicators?
Shane

Doc here, :pimp:

I've Done that before..It looks Ghetto, and hard to see.....sounds good when you think about it, but once in you'll be WAYYYYYYYYY disapointed..

There IS a way to do it without looking Ghetto, Cut a large Rectangle Hole for each, (about 1 x 1/2) install 3 , 12 volt "Bright" white L.E.D.'s and a green filter lenses over each hole, and a blue one for High/Low...That looks more Pro done..

I've used them for shift point lamps on the faceplate with mixed results..

Doc :pimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.