Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spi ??? Base coat
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
For my next 2 jobs, it will be SPI through out, the job after that will not be SPI through out...SPI doesn't have the colors...Yes sometimes different systems don't play nice together.....This is usually the case if you use a different manufacturer's catalyst or even reducer than the original manufacturer suggested. If you use SPI Primer, prep it properly, use Dupont base (mixed properly and allow proper flash times) and PPG clear (mixed properly with proper flash times between coats) there shouldn't be a problem related to using different branded products....If there was a problem doing this...we should all use exactly what Ford, Dodge, GM or whatever was originally put on for paint from the factory to do a repair or a blend after a vehicle has been involved in a collision...and I don't believe that there is one body shop that does...I've sold PPG, Dupont and Nexa to GM dealerships, Ford dealerships, etc...they all seem to work and play nice when they are used properly.

Ray
Why not use SPI clear? Why Dupont and not PPG or ProSpray or?

To the OP, call Barry @ 404-307-9740 and get the real faqs on what base coat will work with his products.