Hot Rod Forum banner

SPI black on stripes

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mr4speed 
#1 ·
Just sprayed out some SPI back on the stripes on this 70 camaro that I have been working on. Looks nice and rich (in person) don't know how it will look in pics. Very happy with results.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I just added the stripes to a '71. I used the factory dimensions, which I found online, and looks the same as yours... so you should get that same classic look.

I did not chose the colors, or even paint this car. Just added the factory-style stripes to replace some that had been done incorrectly by the original painter.

If you are wondering about the colors, you can't go wrong with red and black. "Exciting", "sinister" or "mean", and black is a neutral color so it works with anything and doesn't conflict with it.

Nice finish too! A+ :)

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks, this was a stencil kit he got through ground up in ct., was a little nervous about using it as he got it about 5 years ago. This has been an ongoing project I have been dabbleing with for about 4 years on and off, (for a friend) but the stencil worked out fine, no troubles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.