Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - SPI clear over Omni "plus" basecoat
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

A few weeks back a customer brought in some touch up work with the clear they used on the paint job,It was ppg's global clear I have heard a lot of good things about global...when I went to mix it the first thing I noticed was they print the mix ratio backwards .(glad I read the directions) second ,the reducer says thinner insted of reducer and third it was yellow....It sprayed ok but I'wont be buying any....the quality was better than omini'ss 161 in my opinion becuase I always leave a 1/2" in a mixing cup to cure out for a couple weeks to see what happens...the PPG did shrink quite a bit but didnt crack it was much yellower than the omini which was chrystal clear but the omini cracked every where and completely fell apart when I dumped the little (clear hockey puck on the table ...the PPG puck stayed intact...just like SPI's but SPI is chrystal clear and didnt shrink as much....
I'm no scientist with million dollar testing equipment just a 90 cent mixing cup but this is how I judge all the clears I use..