Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - spi epoxy
Thread: spi epoxy
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:51 AM

Last journal entry: rust on lt body shell
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The two coats of unreduced sanded the next day just fine and our temp at night here has been at best 50's. Sanded almost like 2-k once you broke the top film. This is going back black so I may just shoot the hood this weekend to see how it looks. The lid I had to put some 2-k on because of body work. I thought the reason behind all epoxy was that you ended up with a more durable paint not a time thing one way or the other.The body side panels need alot of body work so that will take most of this next week. It had a thin coat of old laq. primer on it and a ton of waves. My guess is it was caused from sripping the old factory paint. That old laq. paint use to get real hot when you tryed to strip it. That or they sand blasted it. Car should have had a skim coat of mud end to end. Thats what it will get now. You can see where they did multipal coats of mud on their body work and looks like it was sanded real fine. On restoration work with a lot of mud work that just causes undercutting. Finish it off with 80 and if you dont like to block 2-k put some sprayable polly on it. Will save a whole lot of time and be much straighter when done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	67854   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	67855