Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - spi universal
Thread: spi universal
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,364 Times in 1,108 Posts
I am sure all of this is on Barry's forum and I am embarrassed to say I have not spent a lot of time there yet. It would be cool if he would take a few minutes to explain the benefits of each of the clears as well as the techniques for using them. As most of you know I am not a professional but have done all my own metal work and paint for 40+ years.

The thing that has always made me a little different from my friends is I love the technology involved and am always thirsty for advise from those that know more than I do. All my buddies thought I was crazy when I painted my car with catalyzed acrylic enamel in 1977 instead of lacquer. That car is finally going into the shop this winter to have it's first repaint. 35 years ain't bad.

Someone once said you don't learn while you are talking. The secret is knowing who to listen to for advise. I generally read any post by Mike(deadbodyman), Ray(69widetrack), or Brian(MartinSR). Swvalcon and others on here also have a wealth of knowledge. The key is figuring out who to listen to and who is of the "I always did it this way and don't want to change" mind set. With government regulation and changes in technology not only do the products continue to change but so does the equipment. None of us will ever know it all because just about the time we learn it, it changes.

John L
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
cyclopsblown34 (12-21-2012)