Hot Rod Forum banner

SPI Universal clear

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
I tried painting my jeep today and I got 2 coats of Nason Ful-Base down. I'm ready to start with my SPI universal clear, but it's 8PM and I need 30 min flash between clear. I don't want bugs flying into my paint booth so is it ok to clear in the morning without having to respray the base coat? My Nason Ful-Base tech sheet only says to allow 15 min before clearing, but nothing about what would happen if I wait longer. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
I use a lot of Nason ful-base but only one time let it sit overnite.. I wasnt sure either so just to be safe I scuffed and re based it...even If they say its ok I'd rather be safe than sorry.Waiting till morning is hard once you get going but its best. Plus when you scuff it you'll most likely find some chunks of trash you'll want to sand out...It'll be better all around to wait and reshoot

#6 ·
waiting over night can be a good idea as it gives the painter a chance to take a look with fresh eyes at what he has done. i am not aware of any issues in doing that and it also allows a good long flash time so the solvent pop issues do not come up.

main thing I have seen with paint issues is that the painter gets in a rush and then problems raise their ugly head..

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.