Hot Rod Forum banner

Spoofing a certain 62 poncho

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  PRO 48 fleetline 
#1 ·
Working on taxes (it's that time again in the U.S.) while reading Hotrodders.com in the wee hours may be as hazardous to the brain as the various fumes in garages.

Are the ground effects too subtle on the 62 Pontiac in the attached image?

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
grouch said:
Man, that's cruel.

Just for that, I hope 3 St. Bernard's, 2 beagles and a poodle fall in love with your rims. :evil:
The birds around here seem to love it....Poop on it everytime its out of the garage..................... :confused:

home brew said:
That sure gives a contemporary feel to that classic! Did my taxes three weeks ago and e filed. Already got my refund back. A whole $6.15!
That's too bad....I got $1300 back....That's what you get when you don't work for 6 months of the year..................... :thumbup:

#9 ·
My goal with taxes is to end up as close to $0 as possible; I don't like giving the gubmint an interest free loan for a year and I don't like paying extra at tax time. It looks like I loaned the Feds $68 for the year (they better pay up!) and the state considers me to have a negative income. :) There should be some way they should pay me for that, even though no state income tax was withheld.

Those stealthy papparazi (or however you spell that) caught another shot of that unusual Pontiac after it was accessorized. (Is that where the tax refund went?)

That stepladder doesn't look tall enough to be safe for that height, to me. The warning labels tell you not to use the top step.

(Glad you took the joke in the spirit in which it was intended, poncho62. No blasphemy was intended by the er, customizing of that (formerly) clean ride. ;) )

Attachments

#12 ·
Well, Pontiac thoughtfully provided a real handy hanger for the moose head. I just wish we could get some technical data:

1. How much downforce do those antlers generate?

2. What's the highest lateral G that the PonchoDonk can attain?

3. I know 'possum hunters here in hillbilly heaven would love those upward aimed rally lights, but what do Canucks hunt in trees?

#14 ·
redlightning - that link is too funny!! :D :D :thumbup:

grouch - That Moose head would be a big hit on main street in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. :thumbup:

re: "I know 'possum hunters here in hillbilly heaven would love those upward aimed rally lights, but what do Canucks hunt in trees?" Canadians don't hunt with lights. We do our hunting during the day when our prey can see us and have a bit of a chance.

#15 ·
I'm almost tempted to install Flash just to see a donk trying to drag.

home brew said:
Canadians don't hunt with lights. We do our hunting during the day when our prey can see us and have a bit of a chance.
Aha! So you blast the poor, defenseless, ~nocturnal~ critters while they're sleeping in their lairs? I would never have suspected such behavior from my otherwise civil northern neighbors!

Somebody keep score; I'm bound to have annoyed:
(1.) People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, with that moose head,
(2.) ricers, with the air dam, side curtains, wing and lights,
(3.) donkers (?) with the 30" rims on a Pontiac,
(4.) Canadians, in general (bet those seats are covered in flannel!),
(5.) fellow hillbillies ('He ain't never gone huntin' or he'd a known you hunt '***** with lites; ye jest pick 'possums up off'n the highway!'),
(6.) Texas ******** ('What's that thing on the hood? Sure ain't like no longhorn I ever saw.), and
(7.) hotrodders, because everything I've added to the PonchoDonk makes it slower, less stable, less safe, and uglier.

Hmm, I could drum on number 4 some more by putting a "Buy American!" sticker on the car, but then some smart-aleck would probably ask, "North, Central, or South?"

Is there a special Form or Schedule to claim deductions for insanity caused by tax Forms and Schedules?

#17 ·
LOL! I swear I didn't look at your gallery before posting that. I even got the original photo of the '62 from the Electrical forum -- some thread about converting from generator to alternator.

Just as everyone "knows" that any one from KY is a barefoot, illiterate, inbred, 'possum eating hillbilly carrying on a perpetual muzzle loader gun feud with his neighbors, so everyone "knows" that all Canadians are lumberjacks toting an axe, wearing hiking boots, flannel, a homespun knit hat, drinking Molsons and wishing they were "real Amuricans".

(Sorry, I don't have a mutant-3 image to post. I'm still trying to figure out how to get that thing into the garage behind it.)

#18 ·
grouch said:
so everyone "knows" that all Canadians are lumberjacks toting an axe, wearing hiking boots, flannel, a homespun knit hat, drinking Molsons and wishing they were "real Amuricans".
Hahaha..........right on most of that, but I think if you ask most Canadians, they really don't want to be Amuricans...............they just like spending the winter there.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.