Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spray booth filters disposal
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Arnold? He is a conservative (? sort of) Republican, it's the liberals who have done all that stuff. But on that regard, like I said, I love my children and grand children and will make these tiny adjustments so they have a home that is hazardous free in the future, I have no problem with that.

I did get a clarification on the disposal of the filters just now from my boss. We can throw them in the trash because they have been tested! We have to have them tested every five years for what nasties are in them. They have passed so they can be thrown in the garage, maybe your boss needs to look into that?

Brian
My previous "lead" aka paint shop supervisor had it done by independent test lab and they said they can be thrown in dumpster and are not hazardous.
Now this guy - new plant supervisor comes along and tells us to put them in 55 gal drums and then they haul them off. This supervisor asked a company "Safety Kleen" if they are dangerous and they're like "oh ya, they're bad, you should pay us to haul them off"
It is so bad now that when we sweep inside spray booth we have to plastic bag it and put it inside barrels to have them hauled off also.
This guy doesn't ask anyone or consult with previous supervisor to find out information. He just does what he thinks he should do.
I was promised a lead position but they put old guy in charge who used to paint caskets and is a complete idiot. This place has done downhill since I've started working there 7.5+ years ago.
They don't want to put in as a supervisor cause I do a lot of work for very little pay and they would loose a good painter.
I think once I finish project at home I'm doing for a guy I will be going to truck driving, make more money there and won't have to deal with as many idiots and chemicals.