Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Spray booth pit preference?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
The depth is fine, as I mentioned in a previous post, the depth isn't nearly as important as the width. I've read your post several times and I think I understand what your planning on doing. If I'm correct your planning on pouring a 6 foot wide pit...period. Then instead of pouring walls for the H pit design your going to have the H pit made out of sheet metal with metal legs supporting the center section. Is that correct?

If it's OK with you, I'll send you a PM and perhaps we can discuss this further. Just for anyone else that may be reading this thread, I should mention that a water drain at the bottom of the pit would also be recommended.

Ray
I can either pour a 6 ft wide pit or a 4 ft wide pit, the excavation will allow either.
You are correct about making the pit an H design with the use of tubular steel and sheet metal.
I am going to have a sump cast into the floor, with both the main floor and the pit floor having slope. Be really nice for washout, wet sanding, etc.
I am leaning towards the single 4 foot grated pit due to nothing else but time limitations, 14 hrs until the concrete guy is here .

This is a dream in progress, hope to be able to have it complete by this fall. But that all depends on the ol' wallet

Thanks for the help, OF.